In February, we pray with Pope Francis that parishes, placing communion at the centre, may increasingly become communities of faith, fraternity and welcome towards those most in need.
‘The parish is a community of communities, a sanctuary where the thirsty come to drink in the midst of their journey, and a centre of constant missionary outreach.’
– Pope Francis, Joy of the Gospel, 28
Our focus for February
- The beginning of February is the Holy Father’s Apostolic Visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan. Join us to pray for the success of this pilgrimage. We ask especially for the intercession of the patron saint of South Sudan, St Josephine Bakhita, whose feast day falls on 8 February, that Pope Francis will be instrumental in creating bonds of peace in troubled communities. Read more about the visit here>>
- Ash Wednesday is on 22 February this year. We invite you to join us in prayer during the Lenten season. Find our Lent reflections and resources here>>
- Are you looking for a meaningful Lenten observance? Why not volunteer with Missio? Whether you have a few minutes, a few hours or a few days each month, come and help Missio ignite God’s love around the world! Find out more>>
- If you’re giving up your coffee, chocolate or other treats during Lent this year, could you put what you save in your Red Box? Every penny, pound and prayer you share with Missio helps us support mission in the 1,070 dioceses we look after where the Church is young or poor around the world! Find out how to donate here>>